Strategic Publishing For People
Who Write Meaningful Books
While we champion the technologies that allow anyone with a computer to publish a book today, here at Dudley Court Press, we hold ourselves and our authors to high standards.
- If your book is a meaningful book that you hope will make a difference in the world, you’re our kind of author.
- If you are looking for customized services and support for your book project, you’re our kind of author.
- If you want to avoid templates and appreciate the value of professional editing and design for your book, you’re our kind of author.
- If you want your book to be optimized for marketing and sales success through the strategic use of keywords, categories and other content and data elements, you’re our kind of author.
Our Publishing Services Are Unique In The Industry
You’ll start with a complimentary Get Acquainted call – a 30-minute one-to-one with publisher Gail Woodard to explore your goals and how we can help you reach them.
You may decide you want a Strategy Session – an intensive, three-hour one-on-one session of personal assessment and guidance to further clarify your goals and determine the best options for achieving them. You’ll gain an objective manuscript evaluation, an understanding of the publication path ahead, practical marketing and sales strategies for your particular book, and clarity and confidence about your next steps.
You may decide to join our Move Me Forward program – for book writers who are stuck. You’ll participate in six online sessions with a small group of authors over an 18-week period. During every session, you’ll have the opportunity to move toward completion of your book, get answers to your questions, learn how others just like you are facing similar challenges, discover techniques and tools to help you move forward with your book project, get inspired and step into accountability to make solid progress between sessions.
After a Strategy Session or our Move Me Forward program, you may choose to partner with Dudley Court Press to publish your book. If your manuscript isn’t quite ready, we’re available on a consulting basis to help you get it ready for publication.
We offer coaching programs and an array of publishing packages to fit every budget.
When You Choose To Partner With Dudley Court Press:
- You retain the copyright to your work.
- You are paid generous royalties on sales of your book.
- You are never required to purchase copies of your books.
- You enjoy low author prices when you do purchase.
- You benefit from marketing support and services
- You may have opportunities for foreign rights representation, book signings at major publishing events, joint marketing programs, etc.
You have access to an expansive array of publishing and marketing services such as:
- Copyediting and proofreading
- Cover and interior design
- Interior layout including photos and graphics
- Cover and interior file production
- Creation and management of front and back matter
- ISBNs, Barcodes, PCIP, LCCN, Indexing and much, much more
Publishing choices (don’t worry – we’ll help you choose):
- Paperback, hardcover, e-books and audiobooks
- Small and large digital or offset print runs
- On Amazon and other online retailers
- To 30,000 off-line retailers globally through Ingram Books
- To ebook retailers worldwide through INscribe, a subsidiary of IPG
- Your own Author Page on our Dudley Court Press website
- An Author Page on Amazon.com
- Search Inside function on your Amazon book listing
- An Amazon best-seller campaign
- A three- or six-month marketing plan customized for your book and your goals
- Implementation of your marketing plan
We offer Do-It-Yourself modules as well as fully “done for you” publishing packages to fit any budget. Contact us for further details.
Other Publishing Services Include:
- Each project is customized to meet your needs.
A Single Developmental Editing Session
- A comprehensive review of your manuscript draft by an experienced editor.
- Feedback, observations and suggestions regarding structure, voice, style and content to make your manuscript into a viable book.
- One-hour phone conversation with your editor to discuss your manuscript.
Special Publishing Programs for:
- Memoir writers
- Coaches, consultants, speakers, entrepreneurs and professionals who need a Lead Generation book