Strategic Publishing For People
Who Write Meaningful Books.
While we champion the technologies that allow anyone with a computer to publish a book today, here at Dudley Court Press, we hold ourselves and our authors to high standards.
- We focus on publishing meaningful books – books that will make a difference in the world.
- Our publishing services are customized for each author and book project’s needs.
- We avoid templates and we insist on professional editing and design for all commercial marketplace books.
- Our books are optimized for marketing and sales success through strategic use of keywords, categories and other content and data elements.
Our Publishing Services Are Unique In The Industry.
You’ll start with a Strategy Session with publisher Gail Woodard. Your Strategy Session is an intensive, three-hour session of personal assessment and guidance to help you clarify your goals and explore your best options for achieving them. You’ll gain an objective manuscript evaluation, an understanding of the publication path ahead, practical marketing and sales strategies for your particular book, and clarity and confidence about your next steps. The fee for a Strategy Session is $1,249.
After a Strategy Session, you can choose to partner with Dudley Court Press to publish your book, or, if your manuscript isn’t quite ready, we’re available on a consulting basis to help you get it ready for publication.
When You Choose To Partner With Dudley Court Press:
- You retain the copyright to your work.
- You are paid generous royalties on sales of your book.
- You are never required to purchase copies of your books.
- You enjoy low author prices when you do purchase.
- You benefit from marketing support and services
- You will have opportunities for foreign rights representation, book signings at major publishing events, joint marketing programs, etc.
You have access to an expansive array of publishing and marketing services such as:
- Copyediting and proofreading
- Cover and interior design
- Interior layout including photos and graphics
- Cover and interior file production
- Creation and management of front and back matter
- ISBNs, Bar codes, PCIP, LCCN, Indexing and much, much more
Publishing choices -which we’ll help you choose – include:
- Paperback, hardcover and e-books
- Small and large digital or offset print runs
- On Amazon and other online retailers
- To 30,000 off-line retailers globally through Ingram Books
- To ebook retailers worldwide through Trajectory.com
- Your own Author Page on our Dudley Court Press website
- An Author Page on Amazon.com
- Search Inside function on your Amazon book listing
- An Amazon best-seller campaign
- Six-month marketing plan customized for your book and your goals
- Implementation of your marketing plan
Our standard publishing services packages start at $14,999. Premium packages include upgraded design, book signings at major book events, and a customized, coordinated marketing program specifically created for your book. Please contact us for more information.
Other Publishing Services Include:
- Each project is customized to meet your needs. Fees start at $9,999
A Single Developmental Editing Session
- A comprehensive review of your manuscript draft by an experienced editor.
- Feedback, observations and suggestions regarding structure, voice, style and content to make your manuscript into a viable book.
- One-hour phone conversation with your editor to discuss your manuscript (Investment $999)
- 3 hours of consulting with an editor, which can be used in 30 or 60 minute segments over a period of 90 days on any aspect of writing or publishing your book to ensure it meets DCP publishing standards. (Investment: $899)