If you decide to participate in NaNoWriMo this November, here are ten tips to help you succeed:
- Clear your November calendar of all but the most essential activities.
- Warm-up by registering in October and learning where the support resources are
- Do your grocery shopping for the month by end of October.
- Warn your friends and family that you won’t see much of them.
- Prepare your workspace.
- Buy compression sleeves for your wrists
- Learn exercises to avoid wrist strain.
- Plan your commute so you can write while someone else drives.
- Claim all the free time you can possible scrape from your calendar.
- Say ‘No’ to everything but writing.
On Halloween night, take a nap instead of trick-or-treating.
And then, at midnight when the witches fly away on their brooms and the ghosts and goblins vanish, turn on your computer and start writing.